Chat Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Runescape Chat clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inCooking FTW Cooltext509319758

Cooking FTW

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cooking FTW Empty
PostSubject: Cooking FTW   Cooking FTW EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 am

So upon recent talk on Skype I learned we have several master cooks in the clan. So I figured since we all make our various food and we have our different tips and stuff for making stuff better, why don't we share them. Who knows what great new food and ideas we can come up with as a group.
Back to top Go down
Andrew King
Super Poster
Super Poster
Andrew King

Location : Perry, Ohio, United States of America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Verse One

Cooking FTW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking FTW   Cooking FTW EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:46 am

4 cups unbleached "bread" flour.

2 teaspoons salt

1 3/4ths cup of sugar and/or brown sugar,however not 1 3/4ths cups of both. combine evenly. (brown sugar is optional)

1 teaspoon instant yeast

2 tablespoons of melted butter (you can add slightly more to make more fluffy, but not much more)

1 cup baking soda (do not confuse with baking powder. there is a a difference and it is big)

Around 5-6 cups of water. Depending on consistancy.

whisk together flour, salt and sugar

Mix in the butter slowly into dry. Leave it in small clumps so when it bakes it becomes fluffy. Then Knead the mix with your hands or if you have a dough hook. Let it rest for a bit. (putting in the refridgrator helps or so I am told).

Then continue to knead. slowly add the water to become firm, but not sticky. you want it sort of dry. You then oil up a bowl and place it in a bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit there for a few days.

After you have waited preheat the oven to around 375-400 degrees
Mix water and baking soda in a wide pan and please over medium heat. Remove the dough from the fridge and divide up the dough and start rolling it out into long thin "ropes.

Line a sheet pan with oiled wax paper or parchment paper and when the baking soda water mixture simmers, it is ready. Drop a few pretzels onto the pan.

Bake them for about 8 minutes then rotate the pan. After about another 8 minutes or when golden brown take out and let cool. You can also melt butter and make make or buy cinnimon sugar and drizzle it onto your soft pretzels.

Have fun and enjoy
Back to top Go down

Cooking FTW
Page 1 of 1