Chat Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Runescape Chat clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inIf you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... Cooltext509319758

If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... Empty
PostSubject: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:50 pm

What would it be, and why?

Personally I've thought of quite a few.

Guile could be used to get things cheaper from shops as you progress in levels, although it is incredibly related to Thieving of course. Perhaps Guile, as it is raised in levels, would have much a similar effect as Ring of Charos (a) does.

Mechanics, which could be sidled alongside smithing, building machines, solving mechanical puzzles, etc. Different styles and augmented weapons, etc. Clockwork items, etc.

Divination, which could be tied in with magic, the higher your Divination level is, the more you can avoid and predict attacks, making you harder to hit, harder to battle, you could start dodging attacks, planning responses, etc. Much like the Far Seers can see, you could also develop this skill. Cape could be an illuminati style third eye. That would be AWESOME.

Everyone says sailing, but there's no point.

Druidity? Perhaps one could gain experience in affinations with animals. Gain levels, talk to the local wildlife. Any nonhumanoids could be easier to contact, summon, perhaps you could even convince them to join you in battle rather than fight against you, as you reached higher levels. Imagine. You're fighting dragons, and you conjure your abilities in Druidity to mindmeld with the baby dragons, the weaker more susceptible beings, to aide you in your attacks and fight along side you.

This is one of the only RPG's I've played without a "Dexterity" skill too, however I suppose it's looked after with Ranged, although, it could be embellished upon a lot more.

What're your thoughts?
Also, if you can think of what a skillcape of the skill you'd like would look like, let me know!
Back to top Go down
ABC Foreverr
Veteran
Veteran
ABC Foreverr

PostSubject: Re: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:28 pm

I once thought of intelligence. It would work similar to constitution except it applied to all skills not just melee. So obviously in this case it will be WAY harder to level, but the benefits of this skill if that you'll be able to buy things cheaper and get a little exp bonus. Though it was rejected I thought it was all right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 am

99% of runescape has a real life intelligence level of 1.
Back to top Go down
Kazmir Runik
Respected Poster
Respected Poster
Kazmir Runik

PostSubject: Re: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:03 am

I haven't really thought much of this, but I can come up with ideas pretty quickly and buff out the flaws as I go along. You said dexterity, so I'll start with where something like that might fit into RS...

Dexterity - Your player has a heightened ability to hit the weaker areas on his or her opponents while in the midst of combat. It's a sleight of hand!

It increases the chance for a higher minimum hit up to a minimum (that doesn't miss) being 33% of a max hit. An example would be that instead of a minimum hit being 1 life point, it would be a third the max hit if this skill is trained to 99. Let's say your godsword hits a max of 500. If it hits at all, it will hit for AT LEAST 165 life points if your player has 99 dex.

It contributes to a player's combat level regardless of his or her combat class. Like prayer or agility, it is trained somewhat indirectly. I have yet to work out specifics, but the indirect training is to keep it from getting in the way of the current xp-gain system in which Constitution gains xp from all styles of combat while helping in all styles. Perhaps one could get dex xp for max hits? I'd like feedback for dexterity training silent

Soulforce - Guthix may not provide his followers with powerful prayers to aid them in combat like the other gods do, but he does have one thing at his disposal that none of the other gods ever hoped to match: the knowledge of life and nature itself.

A player's soulforce determines how well attuned he or she is with the world. In the hands of a skilled soulforcer, things like flowers or combinations of fruit can imbue already deadly weapons or even become weapons themselves. Soulforcers can sacrifice a part of a follower's life force in order to repair their own. Smithed and crafted armours can have a little extra spice added to them if the creator applies soulforce to the creation. You might be able to concoct something to make a mining rock give more ores just for you. A cook or herbalist might be able to enhance his or her creation with a little extra surprise inside like something of a barrage-type effect around the player. This can go on and on; use your imagination!

As for training it, I'm thinking it could be something like herblore or summoning in which previously mundane objects can be used to create powerful effects. You could start with, say, a batch of grain that you add a wind strike spell to so you could put it down and it would work like a weak land mine. Creative little contraptions can be had with the magics and curiosities that exist around Runescape.

In all likelihood, there's more to come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Archaeology: Basically you can dig or explore and raid tombs to find ancient artifacts remember we have 3 age stuff but what about 1st or 2nd. Maybe a higher lv requires getting better things that can be sold. As for training it I have no idea how it would start out maybe a quest to help it.
Back to top Go down
The Lumpy Duck of Awesome
Intermediate Poster
Intermediate Poster
The Lumpy Duck of Awesome

PostSubject: Re: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 am

i think Archaeology could start with the new digsite island supposedly coming out, the one that the varrock museum/digsite quest talks about
Back to top Go down
Kazmir Runik
Respected Poster
Respected Poster
Kazmir Runik

PostSubject: Re: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:42 am

Treasure hunting really belongs to thieving, questing, treasure trails, dungeoneering, and combat, doesn't it Neutral

Old creations are already prevalent in the game through items forged in the presence of gods (3a, ancient warrior equips, godsword), pyramid plunder goods, runecrafting altars, anything associated with the Mahjarrat or Dragonkin, and anything with the word "ancient" in the name.

Archaeology either gets diminished by the above or too overpowered for the game. If you can find better armors and weapons with archaeology, why train smithing?

A good point might be the finding of things you can use for other skills instead of just merch items. Add it to mining and smithing, and you could have processable dragon metal (dragon ore, dragon bars). Pepper it into runecrafting, and you could have a soul altar that's a little different from the other ones. Give it slayer, and you could have something like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

It's got potential when added to other skills; just try to keep it away from replacing them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...   If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could pick one more skill to add to Runescape...
Page 1 of 1